09052019

After three extremely long and painful days of walking on the Camino, I felt thankful to only have to walk 10 miles to our home for the night today. After walking around 15 miles, give or take, for three days straight, 10 miles felt very short. However, while the walk was shorter, the pain from the last last three days remains in the forms of blisters and sore legs. 


Despite the pain, I couldn’t help but feel as if I could have done more today. We walked 10 miles, but what if my destination was 15 miles away again? Could I have made it? Would my body give in and no longer carry me? I’ve wondered this each day, but giving up has never been an option I’ve considered. 


Surprisingly, I’ve learned that the more tired I become physically, the more motivated I feel to continue the journey. I’ve made it this far and now I owe it to myself to finish what I started. My body aches and my feet continue to blister, but it is worth it for the Camino.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qpy0YAK3TzHs5egCbrVSboTMXwWBwBmm
Interesting sighting on the Camino; tree holding another tree’s clothes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers