It’s not always sunny on the Camino

When preparing for this trip, I never worried that the Camino would be that hard . I knew it would be long and probably tiring at some points along the way , however I told myself that as long as I could put one foot in front of the other that there is no way I wouldn’t make it . What I had not anticipated though was the aching pain in every muscle in my body when I woke up this morning . I did not anticipate having to slowly put my socks on due to the amount of blisters on my feet , or the pain in my knees as soon as we hit the trail . But like I said before , as long as I could walk then I would keep trying . And then the rain started , an unforgiving downpour accompanied by a wind strong enough to blow a small child over. It was truly the first time during this hike that I had asked myself “can I actually do this?” But after completing the day (and having a small internal celebration with myself for finishing) I can now see that I am thankful for the adversity that the Camino has provided . Overcoming the pain and the conditions is just another step in completing the journey , physically and mentally, which will allow us to grow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers