Flora & Fauna

We were asked to notice the familiar and unfamiliar on the Camino. I didn't realize that some things would fall into both of these categories. I found myself while walking through countryside, mossy towns, and cities picking wildflowers that caught my eye. There wasn't anything to them except that  I just thought they were nice, and I have no I idea even now what any of them are called. It started with a few flowers, then I couldn't help but expand my collection, (extending even to some flowers that were probably not meant for picking!) I have always loved flowers, and having a piece of what surrounded me in Spain felt both comforting and foreign.

It was a similar thing with animals. I love animals too and have many of them at home, but every cat, dog, or cow felt like a wonderful surprise. A few people on the trip mentioned how our delight in these animals was a sort of child-like, and I definitely have that same sentiment. So, here is a look of the Camino through my child-like eyes!

The Flora


    


The Fauna

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers