Arrival in Santiago

Arrival in Santiago after spending the week walking across the countryside of Spain was such a delight.  While I was reluctant to be leaving the Camino and our pilgrim life, arriving to such a beautiful city was a great way to end our journey. The historical center of the city felt like another world.  The narrow streets and cobblestone roads combined with all the medieval architecture took me back in time and made me feel as if I was a true medieval pilgrim. Here I will post some pictures from time in Santiago.

Our first glimpse of the cathedral after arriving in the city.

One of the University of Santiago’s buildings in the city.

The front of Santiago city hall. 

The top of city hall, Saint James pictured as the Moor Slayer.

One of the best pictures I took of the cathedral during “golden hour.”

Japanese influence shown in a tower connected to the cathedral.

A close up of the front towers of the cathedral, with the moon making an appearance in the background.

Walking through the streets of Santiago.

My Compostela and sello passport. A proud moment.
Arrival in Santiago was such an accomplishment for all of us and I’m very grateful for the time we got to spend in this beautiful city. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers