Reflection on travels

Reflecting on my experiences on the Camino. On many of my days traveling, I realize that I had to rely on the kindness of others to you get what I needed. Even though they speak a different language, we're all able to connect with each other.

I was practicing this new mindset of letting go and just going with my feelings. Through this I was met with more interesting experiences. I remember meeting an older gentleman at one of the rest stops. He was with a small group of other pilgrims. One Australian lady and a Brazilian couple. I had first tried to speak to the Brazilians, but could not speak Spanish. I ended up speaking to the Australian woman who could speak a little English. I then spoke to the older gentleman who was from Indiana. He told me that the people he was with were his angels. They came to help him after he fell and broke his arm while on the Camino. They were finishing the journey together now. I found the story very inspiring. He asked me what I was looking for on the trail. I told him I was unsure, but I suppose I was looking for grace.  He told me that he hopes that I find what I'm looking for, and that which I search for is all around me. This story reminds me how we are all we have in this life, and how we are so reliant on the kindness of others to keep going. We are never really alone in this life.

Our little group sat around the rest stop eating and laughing. I recall us talking about the things we will miss the most after we leave. The people and the food. The people were so friendly on the Camino. They would help you if you needed it, share kindness, share stories, and wish you luck on your travels. The people of the country were also very lovely. The food on the Camino I will never forget. The seafood in particular was the best I have ever had. The locals drink alcohol like it was juice at a meal. My theory about the people of Europe is that they're all a little tipsy anyways, that's why they're so friendly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers