Finisterre

Most people who walk the Camino believe that Santiago is the ultimate destination, and in some ways I agree with this. When standing just outside of the city I was overwhelmed with emotion that we had finally reached our goal . I thought about all of the knee pain and blisters I had gone through to reach this city, and I was overjoyed to finally be there . When actually entering the city and seeing all of the pilgrims hobble in with knee braces and hiking poles tears were almost brought to my eyes . Every one of us , regardless of whether we walked 100km or 1000km, were happy and proud to be in this city . Finally seeing the cathedral in person was beyond beautiful . I was shocked by the intricacy of the details in the church . Colbi, Hannah, and I laid down in front of the cathedral for several moments and soaked all of its beauty in . While Santiago was full of brilliance , I believe that the best part of this trip took place in Finisterre . 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1e1lWqurwvOOmR7N4DzZGmkpmHe1-7iIz

As soon as I laid eyes on the city of Finisterre I knew it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen in my life . Sitting on the edge of a rock, I looked out into the ocean and felt as if literally it was “the end of the world.” Wave upon wave crashed into the wall of rocks that surrounded the land and caused massive explosions of seawater everywhere.  Mussles and other sea life lived on and around the rocks and seagulls filled the air around us . Although we didn’t get to spend much time here , I quickly made a promise to myself that I would return to the most gorgeous city I had ever been . https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ovaZHpy-DdK6bVdAGolAHSwSnlKxYNsf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Pilgrimage? Expectations for the journey

A Flight (and Middle of the Night) to Remember

For all my fellow sufferers